Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

can a flare-up hiatal hernia come in episodes and what would

can a flare-up hiatal hernia come in episodes and what would trigger it...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is related to my field of specialty. I would say yes that yes flare up of symptoms of hiatus hernia do come in episodes and most of the time related to food. The important triggering factors are spicy or junk food, eating large meals before going to bed, smoking, alcohol, pain killers, obesity or overweight, coffee, stress. Take Tab. Nexium 40mg one tablet daily half an hour before breakfast for three weeks initially. Avoid these factors and take this tablets which will help in reducing your symptoms.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking ACCEPT will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed