Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I feel full after eating just a couple of bites of food, It

I feel full after eating just a couple of bites of food, It started about 5-7 years ago. Now it is worse in the morning, as it follows by a slight nausea, ( I am not pregnant ). , I also experience fatigue. I got the diagnos for IBS, but I am not stressed out or depressed. I am 39 and I started loosing weight since 32 gradually, 10 pounds total, as all my friends are gaining weight as they get older. I don't follow any diet and eat as much as I can, but I cannot have big meals any more, as I feel full very quickly. What is wrong with me?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 4 years ago.
What you need is a full GI workup if it hasn't been done. That would include an upper endoscopy to examine your stomach. I would also get a nuclear scan of the gallbladder to check it's motility. Gastroparesis is a condition where the stomach doesn't contract well and can cause your symptoms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I forgot to mention that I've had dull pain under the right rib for about 20 years on and off. It happens once a month or every other month and lasts from a few hours to a week. It usually starts 2 hours after eating and gets worse evety time I eat. It feels like the food is stuck in the stomach and not going anywhere. It gets worse after eating. I had ultrasound about 10 years ago and the gallbludder was normal. Is nuclear scan that you suggest different from the ultrasound? I started loosing weight for last 5-7 years, and about a year ago nausea and a fatigue was added, but no blood in the stool. Could that still be any cancer development ?

thanks

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 4 years ago.
I would think that cancer is unlikely as your problems have going on for years. I believe that getting the test I suggested would be very helpful.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is nuclear scan different than the abdominal ultrasound? I am asking because I have already scheduled the ultrasound. What test should be done first: endoscopy or the nuclear scan ? thanks

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 4 years ago.
yes, it's a different test. You should get both the endoscopy and the nuclear test. Get the ultrasound also
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience: board certified internal medicine