Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

narrowing of the intervertebral disc spaces,disc dehydration

narrowing of the intervertebral disc spaces,disc dehydration and diffuse annular disc bulges are seen at the levels of C5-C6andC6-C7.some narrowing of the intervertebral disc space ,discdehydration,and a slight diffuse annular disc bulge are also seen at the level of C-7T-1. Hhypointense T1 and hyperintense T2 signal findings are visualized of the vertebral bodies of C5,C6 and C7 adjacent to the disc spaces of C5-C6 and C6-C7 secondary to the Modic type1 changes of degeneration. Some contrast enhancement is seen of the involved endplates of the vertabral bodies of C5-C6 and C7 secondary to degeneration. The cervical spinal cord is unremarkable in its size and appearance. No syringomyelia or cord atrophy is seen. No intraspinal contrast enhancement is noted. At the level of C2-C3 the facet joints and the intervertebral foramina are intact. At the level of C3-C4 minimal unciform process spurring with some encroachment on the right intervertebral foramen is seen. The left intervertebral foramen is intact. Thefacet joints are unremarkable .At the level of C4-C5, the facet joints and the intervertebral foramina are intact. At the level of C5-C6, unciform process spurring encroaching on the right intervertebral foramen is seen.The intervertebral foramen is intact. facet arthropathy is seen. At the level of C6-C7,a diffuse annular disc bulge is seen, with some encroachment on the intervertebral foramina bilaterally. The facet joints are unremarkable.
Dear Jacustomer,

I am sorry to know about your chronic low back pain,

Based on what you mentioned,MRI report,I will advise that you do try low level laser therapy (LLLT),but this may provide temporary relief most likely,this may help delay surgery as treatment option for your symptoms.The light energy will pass through the skin layers to reach the cells and tissue causing the pain and inflammation. The light energy activates the natural healing process of the cells, which reduces pain, increases blood flow and stimulates repair of the tissue.
I may agree with your physician too,as radiofrequency,epidurals have already been tried,but the reason for me asking you for laser therapy is that the data suggests that there are no side effects of this therapy,it may help subside your pain and may help delay surgery as I mentioned earlier.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.