Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. I've been teaching,practicing and learning since 1985.

I have explosive bowels, loose, and my stomach aches in the

I have explosive bowels, loose, and my stomach aches in the morning. Also very fatigued. Blood tests show nothing.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 6 years ago.

How long have you had these problems?

Have you had any other tests or only your blood work?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Problem started last fall after a trip to Puerto Valeras, Mexico. I have thought maybe parasites but none of the blood or stool tests show anything. Had a 3-day stool sample taken and only said I don't chew my food enough or don't digest well.

I had parathyroid surgery a year ago and am still having difficulty managing the right amounts of magnesium and potassium to keep from cramping. I have thought that the magnesium citrite was causing my problems and have switched to Coral Calcium but even that has magnesium oxide and citrate in it. Could the magnesium alone be causing the explosive bowels?

I go to Sanoviv Health Institute every year and have been very healthy until this all started. I am very active too and eat well.
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 6 years ago.

You have not yet had a colonoscopy?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I have not. My difficulty is that I don't have a primary doctor. I want one that knows something about nutrition and natural medicine and have not been able to find one here in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I sent the above reply which I have not heard a reply to.
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I had to step out of my office.

Can I clarify if you want my medical opinion on the management of your symptoms or do you want information on complimentary options?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like your medical opinion and any information you may have on complimentary options.
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 6 years ago.

To be 100% honest you need a full work up to determine the cause - this must include a full colonoscopy +/- biopsy to exclude a serious condition.

If a diagnosis is made then the treatment options can be discussed.

It is not appropriate to discuss treatments , of any type , until we know the cause of your symptoms.

Dr Jef

Please get back to me if you would like to discuss this some more.

Edited by Jef Burk on 5/17/2010 at 1:48 PM EST