Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Why do my fingers tingle when I pee

Why do my fingers tingle when I pee?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that the tingling sensation that you are experiencing during uriantion is related to the effect of stimulating the nervous system caused by the process of bladder contraction (parasympathetic nervous system). Such increased nerve sensitivity could be related to deficiencies in vitamins inculding B12 or B6, but also could be due to increased sensitization caused by any pain condition (assuming you have such problem). If not, it is more likely related to bladder contraction effect on the nervous system. I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation to exclude any underlying condition contributing to this tingling sensation. In the meantime, I suggest that you maintain adequate in take of B-complex vitamins.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.