Dr. Redd
Dr. Redd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in Internal Medicine. I have been in full-time private practice for over 15 years.
21489778

I have a deep foot itch on the ball of my left foot and it

Customer Question

I have a deep foot itch on the ball of my left foot and it about drives me crazy when it starts. about the only way I can get any relief is too bang my foot against the floor until it starts hurting. is this from having diabetes? Thanks Ed
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Redd replied 4 years ago.
I can try to help. It's the little things that sometimes drive us crazy, isn't it. Just a couple of questions: how long have you had this problem? When you look at the place that itches, does it look any different than the other foot? Do you have skin breakdown or peeling in between your toes? What medicines do you take?

Dr. Redd
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes the skin is peeling off of the bottom of my foot,from the base of my toes back to my heel. I take a lot of medicine. I have seven stints in my heart plus a double bypass,kidney problems (over 400 stones passed,) four back operation gaul bladder operation, and the diabetes heres the list Lovaza-loratab-Metoprolo-Actos-Nitrolygin-Albuterol-Plavix-Methylin (this is for my sleep disorder)-Aspirin-Multivitamin

Expert:  Dr. Redd replied 4 years ago.
OK ... 400 stones!!! You must hold the record.

This is my recommendation for your feet: Go to the drugstore and get these three creams:

1. Lamisil (terbenafine)
2. Hydrocortisone 1%
3. AmLactin

The three creams together will treat 1. Fungus (Tinea Pedis), 2. The corresonding itch, and 3. The flaking skin. You can apply each one, on top of the other, two to four times a day to the bottom of the foot. At night, put it on the sole of your foot with a clean sock over it. Or, you can be your own pharmacist and mix some of each cream into a container and then just put the combined mixture on your sole, 2-4 times a day. If you do this, I'd suggest 1/2 terbenafine, and 1/4 hydrocortisone cream and 1/4 AmLactin cream.

Best wishes,
Dr. Redd
Dr. Redd, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board Certified in Internal Medicine. I have been in full-time private practice for over 15 years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to make a trip to the drug store and pick up the medicine that you listed, sounds like it may work Thanks Doctor, Ed
Expert:  Dr. Redd replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome. I really think it will work.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I havn't had time to pick up the medicine yet,My wife is also ill, so I need too hang around the house today. If it doesn't work I'll get back too you Thanks Ed

Expert:  Dr. Redd replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the update. I think it will help. Dr. Redd