DOCDEV
DOCDEV, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCCS, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine.
14105073

Im so, so tired all the time. My eyes burn and just want to

I'm so, so tired all the time. My eyes burn and just want to shut at any time. I feel I'm trying to fight my way out of a fog and it's an effort just to stay awake. Also always very cold. All my blood tests are normal. What could be wrong with me?

Have you done blood test for thyroid hormone assay?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My GP said my thyroid test was normal

Hello.

I suggest, you get a complete cardiovascular assessment done .

A low cardiac output can cause these kinfd of symptoms

ECG, ECHO and stress test would be needed, and you would need to discuss this with a cardiologist.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had an ECG done a few months ago as I also get palpitations when I lie down at night, but again I was told everything is normal.
Was an Echocardiography done ? If so , can you tell me the findings please,, so that I can give you some rational opinion about your symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm not sure what that is, but I did have to run on a tread mill and had my heart monitered at the same time. This showed a normal heart reading.

Is there another thyroid test I could have done that is different from the normal National Health tests?

I have a feeling my symtoms point to thyroid, but it's a problem trying to convince my GP to do any other tests as according to her, I have a normal reading.

But every day, all day, I feel as though I've had an aneasthetic, and am trying to come round, when all I want to do is sleep. I sleep well at night, but feel just as exhausted when I get up in the morning. Driving is a problem as my eyes want to close as soon as i get behind the wheel. I have seven year old twin daughters, so need some energy to keep up with them! And unless my heating's turned up high, I shiver and have freezing cold hands and feet.

Echocardiography is an ultrasound evaluation of the structures of the heart . It can pick up abnormalities that can be missed by ECG.

Also, I think you should consult an Endocrinologist MD to evaluate you for the thyroid. There are other tests done to assess thyroid functions , other than the routine tests , and the specialist would know about it.

Hope this advice helps. Please click ACCEPT so I may receive credit for my time. Feel free to continue asking questions, I am here to help.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Would I be able to see an endocrinologist without being refered by my GP? If she says "no", I don't know how I would get to see a specialist.

Usually referrals are needed. I dont see any reason why she would say no?

You can book appointment directly also. Just call up the secretary of any practising Endo in your area.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Please feel free to write back anytime.

I would also like to know the Endocrinologists opinion. Thank you.