Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

my friend has chest pain and throwing up blood. shes been

my friend has chest pain and throwing up blood. she's been to the emergency room several times, had suregery, still problems.what is wrong with her?
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

Since her symptoms have persisted even with surgery, there has probably been some complications related to the operation itself or the primary problem has not been resolved. The best thing to do now is to get a CAT scan of the abdomen done to look for the the cause for her symptoms.

I hope my answer was helpful to you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
she has been tested for several differnt diseases..they keep pawnin git off on heartburn..why would she throw up blood from a surgery complication? and they've already been in and fixed her bleeding problem
Without thorough investigation, its difficult to determine the cause for the bleeding. If its not due to sugery related complication, it could be due to other causes. Since I do not know the original condition (what disease she has been suffering), I cannot make any comment.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The original thing was heartburn. can you give a list of possible conditions?

The most common cause for heart burn is a peptic ulcer or ulcer in the duodenum or stomach. This is a very common cause for heart burn as well as bleeding as a complication.
Other causes are oesophageal varices, GE hernia and so on.
You should consult a gastroenterologist and also do an endoscopy of the esophagus and stomach to make sure that the bleeding is from any of the conditions that ZI have mentioned.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What would you say about throwing up blood though?
As I have already stated if she has any of the conditions mentioned above, the throwing up of blood could be a bleeding from the ulcer.