Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

The top of my foot is tingling and burning, slight numbness

The top of my foot is tingling and burning, slight numbness to big toe and second toe. 2nd day like this, worse at night when I lie down, ends of toes seem to burn more
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.

I shall try my best to explain your condition. The feeling of numbness, tingling and burning are related to nerve impulses .It can be due to pinching of a nerve or its root any where in its course , or in the spine when it is over a limited area. The other probables are low calcium or electrolytes, vitamins , thyroid diseases, diabetes, or other nerve diseases. I would recommend to get it examined by doctor.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What abought PAD?
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.
PAD will usually cause cold extremities, color change. If these are also present then this can also be a factor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no coldness, or color change in the extremitie. Just the strange numbness across the top of my foot, with the toes also feeling the same way, worse when laying down. not as bad sitting up in bed. Bending foot back towards my body causes discomfort, also pushing on the flat part of the top of the foot, closest to the toes. Cause pain/discomfort. also burning sensation around my ankle as well.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.
Then vascular cause is unlikely. This sounds like pinched nerve which is getting worse with certain position.