Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

how do you treat a blister on the ball of your foot and to

how do you treat a blister on the ball of your foot and toes?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is important to care properly for foot and toe blisters. In general, these blisters can be caused by friction or burns.Wash your hands and the blisters with soap warm water. Swab the blister with either iodine or alcohol. If the blister opens, apply topical antibiotics such as neosporin ointment or after you remove dead tissue around the blisters with clean tweezers. In general, avoid puncture of the blisters open unless it is painful. If signs of infection such as pus occurs I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.