Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

eosinophil..my scapula in 1952..prostate cancer..peripheral neuropathy

Customer Question

I had an eosinophilic granuloma removed from my scapula in 1952.
In 1989, I had prostate cancer. I am now being treated for sensory predominant
peripheral neuropathy and microvasculitis. The Mayo has been seeking a cause for autoimmune dysfunction and there is no identifiable cancer.

Could there have been EG involved in the prostate cancer?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

There has been few case reports about the "Tumor-like eosinophilic granuloma of the skin" which turn-out to be related to prostate cancer. It is also possible that the treatment of the eosinophilic granuloma increased the risk of your developing prostate cancer. I suggest that you share the article from the below link with your doctors. I find it remarkable.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10698222

Am J Dermatopathol. 2000 Feb;22(1):75-8.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.