How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Amir Your Own Question
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8841
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Amir is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does Scar Tissue continue to grow after 3 yrs

This answer was rated:

Does Scar Tissue continue to grow after 3 yrs?
Thanks for your interesting question. I am going to answer your questions in a precise manner. Scar tissue usually grow or comes most of the time after injuries, burns, surgeries, infections or inflammatory disorders and others like that. Scar basically consists of fibrous tissue and usually comes in to fill wound gaps and there are various trigerring factors. There are various diseases in which this scar tissue keep on growing for longer durations and important to remember that it can also grow as a side effect to medications. Yes there are ways which can detect Staph infections and it is from the blood cultures or fluid culture in the affected areas. Staph infection can be detected easily in this way with the help of blood culture. You need to have proper work up and then treatment according to the cause identified. Your spleen in enlarged so I will suggest to rule out infections, anemia, other systemic disorders. These symptoms should not be taXXXXX XXXXXghtly. I will also suggest you to see a team of medical experts consisting of urologist and gastro doctor.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking ACCEPT will not cost you any thing.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been to several Gps, and referred to 3 specialists. I have to wait 3 mths for another specialist appointment. Last night when my bladder wouldn't empty I knelt on the couch and put my elbows on the floor, it worked. So there is something crushing my bladder and urethra (by bbeing upside down it drained away). Would a MRI be of any use? In the worst senario what happens when the bladder stops working?
Yup there is indication that there might be obstruction in your case in the urinary tract which can be mass or scar tissue over growth or other element of obstruction. MRI can be helpful if there is any growth or mass but I will prefer CT for that. In worst case if bladder is obstructed or stopped working then there will be severe urinary retention and you will have to end up in ER for immediate relief of retention. I will also advise if you will get appointment from specialist late then keep it and in the mean while visit to ER for early evaluation and tests.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is thee any other medication other than pain killers that would help?
In your case the best way is to treat the obstruction and medications are not helpful in such cases. Medications are helpful if there is any neurogenic cause or infection or other causes such like that and in such case antibiotics can be used to treat. In this case the obstruction seems to be due to mass or overgrowth or scar tissue. Prostate disorders should also be rule out. It is important to remove the cause of obstruction by urologist. Follow the guidelines which I gave you above and you will find those helpful and try to visit ER. Medications cannot be given without making a diagnosis or finding out the cause.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do females have prostate problems? Is removal of scar tissue a successful operation? or cause mor problems
Nop females dont have any prostate problems because they dont have any prostate. I was just giving an example and sorry I forget about your gender which is mentioned on the top. In males this should be investigated. Yes it is a very successful surgery and just to remove the scar and treating the cause for that. You should follow the guidelines which I gave you above and you will find those helpful.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed