Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

I am 52 years old and i am tired all the time can you please

I am 52 years old and i am tired all the time can you please tell me why

welcome to

Well, there are few causes for these symptoms. These are-

low metabolism rate,

Thyroid hormone imbalance,

Stress and anxiety.

As such first of all you should reduce stress, Practice yoga and meditation to remain relax. avoid alcohol, take adequate sleep.

Blood tests should be done to evaluate the cause. Once the cause is evaluated, you will be advised treatment.

As such my opinion is that you should see Physician for evaluation and management.

Edited by Robert Fernando on 4/27/2010 at 4:01 PM EST
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i already had blood tests and the doctor said every thing was nomal so what now
Hi Dr fernando has opted out, so I will be happy to hash this out with you, OK?
First how long is this going on for. When was the last time you saw your doctor. Do you have access to your blood tests, or are you going on the physician saying "everything was normal". We all have different opinions.

What kind of work do you do.
Do you smoke, drink?
Have family--married?
What medications, pills are you on, have you taken.

thats a start.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am just going by what my doctor said i seen him a week ago yes i am married no i don't smoke or drink i take pills for hbp high chlostrlo and heart and prozac.
Ok, to be honest, I cannot tell you why. I wish i could. I would be guessing. in fact you could do just as well if you do a google search for "fatigue" and read on it.
I mean, if your doctor who examined you, did tests, has all the results cannot tell you, it would not be fair for me to mislead you that I could come up with a magical answer.

I dont know what tests he did. I mean there are specific tests and subgroups of tests that he may not have ordered. Advanced testing might give us an answer.

Did he check for rheumatologic disease such as LUPUS, did he check for HIV? Did he do a workup on your heart? How about oxygenation of your lungs? Do you snore at night, do you have sleep apnea??? That is a common and often overlooked diagnosis.

So you can see... this is virtually impossible. Maybe a second opinion would be worthwhile. Find another doc, maybe one who is recommended by a friend. When you go bring all your records, labs , xray reports etc.