Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

I HAVE BEEN HAVING A HEADACHE FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT . They have

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN HAVING A HEADACHE FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT . They have been constant and sometimes the headache will go form a very minimum pain to a severe pain . I have take over the counter asprin such as motrin etc. but it just minimizes the pain ! Can someone please help me out
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

Would you please describe your headache in a bit more detail?
Is it sharp? pounding? tight?
Is it on both sides of your head or only one side?
Is it at the top of your head? the side(s)? the back?
Are you having any other symptoms?
Do you drink alcohol? Smoke? Use drugs?
What do you sped your days doing (ie what is your job - does your day entail a lot of time spent at a desk? spent standing....?)

G-d Bless
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When it gets really bad the pain is all over my head and sometimes its right at the top of my head above my forehead . It is more of a pounding pain it feels like there is alot of pressure in my head . The only other kind of symptom i had was the first night i got the really bad headache i was feeling kind of nauseated but, i havent felt like that since . Also i can tel when its going to get really bad because my body mainly my head gets hot like my face (cheeks ,forehead etc .) I donnot drink nor smoke . I am not currently taking any kind of presciption drug . I am a book keeper for a company i do desk work ,computer work things of that nature .
It sounds like you might be suffering from a migraine headache. Often those get better with sleep (although yours obviously did not).
The other possibility is a sinus infection.

Is there anything (besides for medication) that makes it better or worse?
Have you been putting in a lot of extra hours lately (April 15th and all that stuff...)?
Have you changed the position of anything on your desk, or your chair?

G-d Bless

If you have any follow-up questions please feel free to ask them.

_________________________

If you are satisfied with my answer, please push "accept" so that I can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there anything that you would suggest to take for a migraine headache besides regular motrin ?? I think the only thing that could possibly make it better would be medication .The problem with that is i can not seem to find anything to kill the pain !

As for my work life everything has been the same no extra hours or anything like that . And i have not changed postions in my desk or office .

Your GP can prescribe a number of things that would help if this indeed is a migraine. There also was a study done that showed that some people responded better to motrin alternating with acetomenaphine (tylenol) to control the pain.
As I said, there are specific medications used to treat migraine and that is something your doctor would have to prescribe. While you were there he could also check to make sure that you are not having a sinus headache or anything related to your eyes or your brain. (By looking into your eyes the doctor can see if there is increased pressure inside your head).

I hope you feel much better very soon.

G-d Bless

_________________________

Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience: Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you soo much i appreciate everything you have done !

I hope you feel much better really soon.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.

G-d Bless

_________________________