Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

What does a fungal infection around the anus look like What

What does a fungal infection around the anus look like? What are the symptoms?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 years ago.
Dear Malbond,

Fungal infection of anal area may present with anal itching,redness,small blisters with a purple hue.
The anal skin may be dry and or peeling .Some patients also may have a burning pain during bowel movements.As I mentioned above the involved area of infection has redness,mild soreness. and is a clinical diagnosis,requires physician physical exam to confirm or a koh prep also can be used to cofirm the diagnosis.If confirmed ,over the counter topical miconazole or nystatin will be able to take care of the infection.
The underlying causes of fungal infection is tight clothing can trap sweat and cause infections to develop.Diabetics and people who are overweight are at a higher risk for this infection.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.