Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have a sore on my toe that wont completely heal. It has

I have a sore on my toe that won't completely heal. It has been there for 3 months and I put antibiotic ointment and keep it covered. Otherwise it is painful.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the problem.
Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. How large it is? In which part of the toe? Any discharge?Did you visit doctor?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is on the tip of my second toe on my left foot. When I saw him a couple months back he had put me on an antibiotic for 10 days. It seem to be starting to heal, then it just stopped. I am not diabetic, so I can't understand why it won't heal.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. Except diabetes, healing can be impaired if there is a continued infection, irritation, low blood supply , over a bone etc. As the ulcer is persisting even after applying local antibiotics cream , it will be prudent to get a consultation with doctor again. Oral antibiotic can be necessary. It may have to be continued for a prolonged period.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.