Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

I can feel the tendons and ligaments in my upper inner thighs,

Customer Question

<p>I can feel the tendons and ligaments in my upper inner thighs, but near my pelvic area (still in my thigh) i felt what i thaught was a tendon, but is much smaller? it feels tendony or like the muscle texture, but isn't as long as the others i can feel. i can roll my finger over it from side to side, but not front to back like a lymph node if that makes any sense! I'm just trying to make sure this is still a tendon or ligament and not a lymph node, please help!! I hope this makes sense...I am very healthy, and i have a thin frame....Noticed while doing a leg massage after excersize....</p><p>I can only feel this when pressing firmly, its not something I can just feel by touching my leg....</p>
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Hello Ramsy,
Will you please answer me some questions-
1.What is the exact location where you are feeling this?
2.Is it painful?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In my under inner thigh about 2 inches away from pubic area. It is not painfull at all! And it does feel like muscle tissue? But its smaller then the longer tendons I can feel....
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for information.

On the inner upper side of thigh we have adductor muscle group-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adductor_muscles_of_the_hip

By looking at your details it looks that most probably it is a tendon of the adductor longus or of pectineus which you are feeling on upper inner aspect of thigh.As you are healthy & thin frame so it is normal to feel this.

Hope this will help you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Experience: M.D.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!! Can some feel smaller? You were wonderfull thank you.
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for accept.Some tendons can feel smaller as there rest of the part may go behind the muscle or behind the subcutaneous tissue & fat tissue of skin.

Hope this will help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you; Can this sometimes be mistaken to feel like a lmph node because of the size? Or are there generally no lymph nodes in that area?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I guess I can feel the same thing on the other side in the same area, but the one on my left is a bit more prominante. Is that possible?

Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
There is slight difference in both sides of body,as like that we have not equal size of shoes in both foot ,there is slight difference.
On very inner upper aspect of thigh there is no lymph nodes-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superficial_inguinal_lymph_nodes

Hope you may find hel with pictures.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX right directly under the bottom of the main large muscle that runs down thigh. Right at the top where the muscle starts. (directly under it) That is the same area your talking about right?
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Hope you are felling better now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. The tendony thing I can feel in my inner thigh is when I move my hip to the left if that makes any sense? (I can move it when I move my hip). It does feel like a tendon, but bumpy? Or inflamed? Does this sound like a possiibility? Thank you so much , you have been great!!

Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
There may be rare case when this tendon is inflammed.I think you are not the one of the rare where without trauma you got the inflammation of this tendon.
Yes ,This tendon moves the hip.

Hope this will help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you! Can it still feel "bumpy" and be normal? No trauma just excersize classes!
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Feeling bumpy but no pain,its mean there is no injury or inflammation.You should not bother about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
SO normal??? Thank you I will accept!
Expert:  Doctor Chip replied 4 years ago.
I agree with Dr tiwari, but he didn't really tell you anything I didn't. You're being a little overobsessive about this--calm down.