Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have a lump inside my penis near or around the urethra and

I have a lump inside my penis near or around the urethra and located about halfway between the base and the tip. It is painful if pressure is put on it but I have no pain or difficulty urinating. I'm assuming this is a cause for concern and suppose I should see a doctor but don't have a primary care physician. Are there specialists for this or what should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. What is the size of the lump? Color? Is it persistent? or comes and goes? Since how long ? Any other symptom? Any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The lump is internal and seems to be located near or around the urethra so visual identification is impossible. The lump seems to be pea sized. I didn't find the lump until a few days ago but I began to notice discomfort accompanying erections a few weeks ago. The lump is persistent but the discomfort comes and goes. Putting pressure on it seems to aggrevate it. I don't have any other symptoms and as I previously stated I have no trouble urinating. There is no past illness.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. The pea size lump in the shaft of the penis is probably a sebaceous cyst. usually it may not need any intervention, if it does not cause much discomfort. The other probabilities can be infection or folliculitis, wart, papules, lymphocele etc. The primary doctor can give you a provisional diagnosis, as you do not have any, you can consult an urologist for examination, investigations to get the precise diagnosis and intervention if necessary.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 25 years of clinical experience