Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.

Does Ulnar minus variance need any treatment

Does Ulnar minus variance need any treatment?
Are there are any associated symptoms like pain, limitation of joint movement , damage to carpal bone etc?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes...chronic pain on ulnar side of wrist...the pain is exacerbated by rotating wrist as well as holding any object in hand with palm facing upward. I also have a possible sprain or fraying in the scapholunate ligament as well as snovial cysts along the palmar and radial aspect of the distal radius and synovitis in the distal radioulnar joint
Thanks for input.

With these symptoms i think treatment is need to prevent further damage and provide relief from current symptoms. Ulnar lengthening surgeries are usually performed in such cases.

Please ask if I have left any of your query unanswered or if there are any doubts

Please click the ‘ACCEPT (Green) Button so I get credit for my time.

Please take a moment to post a ‘POSITIVE FEEDBACK’ .It will be warmly appreciated and won’t cost you.

Thank you. Regards XXXXX XXXXX