T Khan
T Khan, Doctor
Experience:  UW Med School/UCLA Training/USC Faculty. Full Spectrum Family Medicine - Adult, Peds, OB/GYN

white coated tongue, painful gas,bloating, pressure & intestinal

Customer Question

white coated tongue, painful gas,bloating, pressure & intestinal spasms chronically.
Seen 3 Gastroenterologists, had 3 colonoscopies over 5 years, 2 xrays, 1 catscan (no negative results)-Tried all the meds for IBS - Tried many many alternative remedies for IBS, Candida, Proper Food combining, Intestinal cleanses, colon cleanses, parasites gone, anti spasm meds, anti gax medicines, charcoal, perscription and otc. Seen everyone but witch doctors. 59 year old male at end of rope, taking care of elderly parent and not able to function. Symptoms so severe they leave me in bed spasming, bloating, pain, and exhaustion, even AFTER bowel movement. Sometimes constipated sometimes can have BM 3-4 days in row. Often attack comes AFTER BOWEL MOVEMENT and get very tired and I am high energy person 155lbs in good shape for age. No Diahrea, No heart problems or other problems except periodontal disease (under control 30years) and nail fungus on toes and 1 finger which gets worse when attacks begin. Again, this is putting my life on edge and ability to take care of responsibilites in jeopardy. Last attack has lasted for 2 weeks and counting. Need someone to see these symptoms and say, I know what you have and what you need. Would be miracle and a debt I could never repay but would make every effort for. Hope you can help
Alan Probst [email protected] (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Medical
Expert:  T Khan replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope you do well.

Your situation is quite complex and as you can imagine, no doctor can give you a diagnosis or treatment over the internet. If someone says they can - they are lying to you to make money.

Instead, I will give you some recommendations to discuss with a physician who knows you and your history well, such as your primary care physician.

Many of the more serious disorders seem like they have been ruled out by your work up detailed above. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) can present as you describe and is resistant to many treatment modalities. It is a challenge for us as physicians to treat IBS. You as a patient can change your diet to help:

Your doctor can try a few of the medications listed below and also psychotherapy which as been proven to help IBS.

In summary: Lyrica, Amitiza, Elavil, and psychotherapy are a few of the medications you should ask your primary doctor about.

Hope this advice helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No help what so ever. That answer was so weak and un-intuitive and without investment into the problem. Why even bother. I mentioned I am aware and have tried what you mention above times 100, with no solution. Why even bother to answer.