Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

I developed tiny raised skin colored bumps on my hands (palms)

Customer Question

I developed tiny raised skin colored bumps on my hands (palms) about 6 months ago, and ever since then I have had worsening wierd conditions that I have brought to General Practitioners attention, but all they have said is it is not psoriasis and not scabies, I wonder if this could be a sign of a fungus takeover of my body? My question is, if my hands got these raised bumps for a month and disappeared, and one or two bumps show themselves once in a while, am I viral? I have little ckild and do not want to worry, also I had thyroid nodule and cysts diagnosed in Jan, and now they are gone? Is that possible?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 6 years ago.

what do you do for a living? Do you wash your hands a lot?

Are they itchy?

Have you seen a dermatologist?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
At the time it happened I was washing dirty windows at a local VFW in town, and the windows looked like they had some kind of oval shaped fungus growing on them, and I always had warts pop up under my thumbs, but this was all over my palms and the window panes had alot of rust on them too! I was conerned and it went away but evr since, I think my body disliked something, and i wash my hands alot, i am very clean, and careful except that time

Well, it is unlikely that you contracted a fungus from the windows- the type of fungus that grows on windows does not usually grow on hands.

If you wash your hands a lot, you actually may be CAUSING the problem.

There is a type of eczema called dyshidrosis (aka dyshidrotic e., pompholyx, vesicular palmoplantar dermatitis, housewife's eczema) which only occurs on palms, soles, and sides of fingers and toes. Tiny opaque bumps called vesicles, thickening, and cracks are accompanied by itching which gets worse at night. A common type of hand eczema, it worsens in warm weather. It tends to occur in people who wash their hands too much- the water is irritating.

I would try washing your hands only when visibly soiled and after using the restroom and before and after eating. Apply moisturizer- like neutrogena norweigan hand creme- this is the best and I use it.

If you do not notice an improvement after 2 weeks of doing this, I would ask for a referral to a dermatologist.

warm regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the type of thing that hepened to me precisely, and I do not have enough money in my account to pay you now, but God will bless you for it I'm so sure, thank you and warm regards XXXXX XXXXX and your, you're a swell role model and keep it up!
Hey, thanks for nothing. That is not cool. Undecided