Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

severe nausea on empty stomach, a little better when i make

Customer Question

severe nausea on empty stomach, a little better when i make myself eat. mid to r upper quad abd discomfort. Extreme fatigue. CBC and Chem panel WNL.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
Do you have heartburn or acid reflux in empty stomach? Do you get stomach pain just after eating or after few hours? Do you feel better with tums? Have you ever had endoscopy?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No stomach pain or hearburn. Tums does NOT work. Endoscopy 3 yrs ago.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, your nausea is related to empty stomach and gets better after eating, these are suggestive of gastroduodenal problem. As your blood works were normal, then possibilities of gall bladder, liver and pancreas problems are less likely. I still think you have stomach problem, thus you can try taking OTC prilosec and see, if you feel better. If you can, then it's better to have ultrasound, just to make sure that other organs are not involved.

Edited by Dr. Shah on 4/5/2010 at 5:29 PM EST
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i'm sorry i didn't mention i'm taking OTC Prilosec and that does not seem to help.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Then next step is to go for endoscopy which will disclose the exact cause. Most likely you will need prescription for nexium, which is far better than prilosec.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK TY
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
You are welcome!
Thank you for visiting just answer.