drzachary1, Board Certified MD
Experience:  10 years of experience in general internal medicine, double board certified in preventive cardiology

I had a lifetime lift (face lift) last July -- I woke up while

I had a lifetime lift (face lift) last July -- I woke up while the Dr was putting stitches in and on the right side had a small lump. The lump is getting bigger (swolen) but does not hurt. Can you let me know what this could be? Thanks, Mary
Hi my name isXXXXX is possible this is scar tissue, a fluid - filled sac that is not infected but could become infected, or a reaction to a retained stitch. How quickly is it getting larger and is there any change in the skin there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It started getting larger a couple days ago. I just held an ice pack on it for a very long time and it did not go down or get smaller. The skin is a little red and soft. What kind of Dr should I go to get it checked? Thanks again, Mary

Hi, you should go see a dermatologist to be sure this is not an infection or cancer beginning. Squamous cell cancer is the type of skin cancer we worry about in scars. Though unlikely, and I don't mean to worry you, it is a possibility.

You might try some hydrocortisone cream three times a day while you wait to get in.

Dr. Zach