Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

My stool is like little nuggets and has been for about a week

Customer Question

My stool is like little nuggets and has been for about a week now can you explain what is wrong
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing constipation with reduced fluid intake and fiber content in diet. In general, stool softeners work best with adequate water intake. I suggest that you increase you water intake, food fiber content (such as oatmeals, fruits and vegetable, and less fat and less red meat diet). In the meantime, I suggest that you use over the counter laxative such as Senokot daily for few days. In addition, if you are taking iron supplement, be sure to use the products that is less constipating such as ferrous gluconate or fumarate. If you recently started a new medication, be sure to ask your pharmacist or doctor about their possible side effect. Also, reducing any anxiety and stress would be beneficial.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thankyou very much for your quick response. I know lately that I have not been eating properly. I lost both brother and sister recently to colon cancer so I get over anxious. Again thank you so much Peggy
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.
You are welcomed. God bless.