Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.

degenerative joint disease, with osteophytic lipping and bone

Customer Question

degenerative joint disease, with osteophytic lipping and bone marrow change in knee
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

The changes in your knee joints indicate the onset of an age related joint disease known as "osteorathritis". It is quite common in females.

With aging, the water content of the joint cartilage increases, and the protein makeup of cartilage degenerates. Eventually, cartilage begins to degenerate by flaking or forming tiny crevasses.

The goal of treatment in osteoarthritis is to reduce joint pain and inflammation while improving and maintaining joint function.Patients may benefit from conservative measures such as rest, exercise, diet control with weight reduction, physical and occupational therapy, and mechanical support devices.

You can seek advise from a specialist (orthopedician) as the treatment is subjective and depends on an individual case.

I hope my answer was helpful to you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.