Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I just got a complete wellness profile done. My RDW is 16.5,

I just got a complete wellness profile done. My RDW is 16.5, my Neutrophils is 29, My Lymphs is 53, my Neutrophils (Absolute) is 1.3. Also, my Potassium, Serum is 5.4 and my LDL is 125. Do I need to be concerned and should I consult a physician.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer...

Do you have any medical condition like heart disease, hypertension or diabetes?

Regards..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not that I know of. My father has high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. I also had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant in 2003.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Also, I have recently had fainting spells, dizziness, constipation, and shortness of breath. Also, my chest is really hurting in my solar plexis area. There have been two periods when my heart will beat really fast for about thirty seconds and then go back to normal.

Thanks for the input...

I would also like to know your hemoglobin, total white blood cell count, platelets, Mean corpuscular volume (MCV), and Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH)....

All these values are shown in your CBC test...

Regards...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hemoglobin = 13.6

WBC = 4.5

Platlets = 307

MCV = 96

MCH = 31.4

Also, my resting pulse rate this morning was 132.

Thanks for the info...

Your Hb is 13.6---which is normal for your age and sex...

MCV is 96---which is almost at the upper limit of normal----and is in the normal range...

MCH is 31.2---and again it is with in the normal range...

Platelets are 307---which are normal...

WBC is 4.5---Normal

Your Neutrophils are low....They normally range from 50-70% but in your case they are only 29.

Also the ANC 1.3, Which is again abnormally low...

Decreased neutrophil levels may be the result of severe infection or other conditions, such as responses to various medications, particularly chemotherapy..

Your Lymphocytes are 53---which means they are high as the upper limit is 40%...

An increased percentage of lymphocytes may be due to Chronic bacterial infection, Infectious hepatitis, Lymphocytic leukemia, Multiple myeloma, Viral infection (such as infectious mononucleosis, mumps, measles) and Recovery from a bacterial infection...

Your LDL levels are near optimal...ideally they should be less than 100..

Also the serum potassium levels are slightly higher...

In my opinion, since you have tachycardia (increased heart rate)---which can occur with fever, or even in the absence of fever, and you are having dizzy spells along with abnormalities in the blood counts, you need to see your doctor for a detailed consultation, discussing the above mentioned possibilities, and a comprehensive medical examination, which will direct furthur investigations ...

Its important to note that an early diagnosis directs an early treatment and therefore, can prevent any possible complications...

I hope i have been helpful...

Kindest Regards...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I also have heavy periods and the passage of clots (lumpy material) at the ends of my periods. They are regular (usually every 28 days) but very heavy and the clumpy material comes out even after 7 days.

Well, you need to have a thyroid profile done as thyroid abnormalities can cause heavy menstrual bleed...Also hormonal abnormalities can be responsible for this, therefore a gynecological evaluation may also be required...

Regards...