Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. I've been teaching,practicing and learning since 1985.
5101698

my vision loss but both myself and my gp disagree..eye people

conversion disorder has been mentioned as a possible cause of my vision loss but both myself and my gp disagree even though no other medical reason has yet to be found can you think of anything the eye people may have missed?

Hi

Can you tell me about the problem?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i had an accident hit my head and knocked myself out for fifteen minutes a few days later my left eye was blurry four weeks later my right eye went blurred also i am now left six months on with limited vision in both eyes which is similar to looking through frosted glass i can see colour but cannot focus in on anything distances are impossible to tell and also size of objects as the blurryness distorts everything

i have had xrays a ct scan which showed a lucient line but when i had an mri two weeks later showed no swelling or bleeding in the same area so they ruled this out as a fracture i have seen five eye specialists a neurologist and have also had an eeg and a vep all tests have come back clear any ideas?

Hi

That's a tough one.

If the eye itself is intact then we must me dealing with an injury to the occipital cortex - back of the brain where messages from the eye are processed into what we see.

This must be a low grade - diffuse axonal injury which may well be imperceptible on scanning.

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done for this sort of problem..

Dr Jef