Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

The right side of my chest is tender to the touch. I do not

The right side of my chest is tender to the touch. I do not recall any injury. I have been experiencing tricep and shoulder pain for the past two months due to yard work. But the chest came on two days ago. Any advice on what it could be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,it seems that your symptoms are due to costochondritis as it may cause similar chest pain which is tender on touch,so I will advise that you see a physician who can do a physical exam,as this is clinical diagnosis.
I will also advise that you ask your physician to do RA factor,ESR,serum TSH as imbalance of thyroid hormone or musculoskeletal disease(arthritis) may cause similar shoulder,tricep and chest pain as you described.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.