Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  30 years experience as doctor

I have a blood clot on the top of my hand, about the size of

I have a blood clot on the top of my hand, about the size of a dime and raised. I can see the vein that it is connected to. Should I go to the emergency room?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the sufferings.

I need to know some points regarding your query so that I can answer better.

Since when?

Did you have any injury?

Any pain, tenderness, redness?

What is your age?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response Dr. Saha. This is the first time I've visited this site so I am very impressed.

To answer your questions, the first time this happened was back in November but it went away. It came back again about a month ago and went away and now it is back again but this time the clot is on another vein and it's larger than the previous clots (I could upload a picture if the site allows).

I have not had any injuries but I am on the computer quite frequently.

No pain or redness, but a little tenderness when I touch the area around the clot.

Finally, I am 35 years old.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
You can upload the picture here by clicking on the tree icon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, the picture has not come.

Can you try again?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried EVERYTHING and I still can't upload the pictures. Do you have a general email address that I can send them to?

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
Sorry to say, personal e mail can not be used here.

You can see the tree icon by the side of you tube icon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Saha...I do see the tree icon but I am at a lost for words as to why the pictures are not uploading. After going through the process to insert the pictures, it looks as if the images are attaching but nothing happens.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for all the information & effort,

The pictures have not come, I could not understand what technical problem was there.

Anyway , I am giving my opinion regarding your problem.

The dime sized area with a little tenderness seems to be due to an inflammation there.

When it is near & connected to a vein it needs to be seen by doctor.

The possibility of superficial thrombophlebitis needs to be excluded.

Clots from deep veins migrate more commonly than from those at the surface or superficial ones.

I hope this information helps.

Happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Finally, I figured out a way to post the picture. Will you please take a look and respond again? Thank you!!

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry , both the images came empty.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Really? I can see both images on my reply. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Maybe if I try one at a time, it'll work. How's this......

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
Sorry again. You can make a file & browse it in the icon of insert & edit link,next to emotion icon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've inserted a link.....

Clot picture

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
Sorry , it is still the same.

However it is less likely for a clot here to migrate.

But still you need an examination by doctor as it is recurring to know its exact nature.

You can contact your doctor for an examination.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.

You are always welcome to JA.

Have a good day.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
JA?
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
Abbreviation of Just Answer.
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 30 years experience as doctor