Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

I have a sharp stabbing pain in my left armpit. It started

I have a sharp stabbing pain in my left armpit. It started in the middle of the day . As the day progresses it has gotten worse.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 years ago.
any rash or any lump in the arm pit?
any history of trauma?
is the pain constant or intermittent?
does the pain radiate anywhere?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

there is no rash or lump

No history of trauma

the pain is constant

It does not radiate anywhere

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry to know about your pain,

Based on what you mentioned,it seems that your pain is most likely due to musculoskeletal(arthritis) or nerve origin(impingement) as that might cause similar persistent arm pit pain,so I will advise that you see a physician who can do a physical exam,ESR,RA factor,if required imaging tests like MRI to rule this possibility.
Ask the physician also to auscultate your heart if required EKG,as undiagnosed underlying arrhythmia may also present with similar left sided arm pit pain.
No history of trauma or any previous medical condition makes other possibility less likely.I will advise that you may take ibuprofen and get over the counter xylocaine 2% which will help alleviate your pain.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.