Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

I scratched my roof of my mouth and my gland was swollen under

I scratched my roof of my mouth and my gland was swollen under my chin for a few days. Now three days later it feels like there is something stuck in the back of my throat. I am not sure if my uvula is touching my tongue and giving that sensation, or even if the two are related!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 4 years ago.

Any signs of sore throat?

Can you see the spot where you scratched ?Are there signs of inflammation ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No sore throat, I did see the spot where I scratch it,it was more towards the back of my roof of my mouth,and the first couple of days it was a white spot, but that has gone. I scratched it a week ago today. The gland under my jaw is not swollen anymore, and last Saturday, three days after I scratched it, I woke up and it feels like there is something in the back of my throat, but won't cough up. There is no pain at all. I am not sure if I scratched my throat lower down, or if my uvula is touching my tongue. I scratched it pretty good with a potato chip. I hope this helps!
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the inputs.

From the details it seems you had focal infection after scratch (white spot) and the gland was probably a enlarged lymph node due to infection. And at this stage of healing its common to have such symptoms like mild itching, foreign body sensation ,irritation etc.

I think you can try tantum gargles, it can provide instant symptomatic relief. The usual adult dose is 15 mL gargled or rinsed, and repeated three or four times a day .

I hope I have been helpful to you. Please ask if I have left any of your query unanswered or if there are any doubts

A positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.

Thank you. Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what does tantum mean?
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 4 years ago.

Tantum is benzydamine oral rinse containing 0.15% Benzydamine Hcl a ... Tantum oral rinse is used to relieve pain and inflammation related to oral cavity. It has instant soothing effect.

Thank you. Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.