Dr. Monica
Dr. Monica, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced U.S. Primary Care Physician treating children, adults, pregnant women, and the elderly.

I have a white spot on the end of my nose. Its been there

I have a white spot on the end of my nose. It's been there about a year and is a little larger than it was in the beginning...maybe 1/4 inch in diameter. It looked like a zit at the beginning although I don't think I actually ver saw a "head" on it. Now, the skin is slightly yellowing and the spot seems more pronounced. It doesn't hurt at all, but I worry about what it is.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Monica replied 6 years ago.

You may have a lesion that is precancerous since you do report that it is a little larger within the past year. It could also be basal cell carcinoma which is a very slow growing skin cancer, and it usually takes years to grow or spread. It is not an emergency, but you should see your doctor soon so that he or she can decide whether or not it needs a biopsy. There are many other possibilities of what it could be (including lots of benign and non-cancerous lesions as well), so that is why your doctor should take a look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Monica