Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

Will hydroxyzine increase my blood sugar level(s) I took

Will hydroxyzine increase my blood sugar level(s)? I took my first dose, for difficulty falling asleep at night, and my FBS was 178 this morning. Yesterday, my FBS was 120. I also took my first dose of Zoloft last night, too. Do either of these new medications cause an unusual increase in my daily fasting blood sugar values?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 years ago.

Please tell me first that what medications you are tyaking for blood glucose control(diabetes)?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your response. My list for adult on-set Diabetes Type II: Metformin 500 mg. 02 tabs by mouth twice daily; Actos 30 mg. one tablet by mouth daily; Januvia 100 mg once daily; and, Levemir U-100 30 units at bedtime.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for info first thing that you have HGbAic level of 7 that is better according to AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION they recommend hgba1c level of 7 and AMERICAN ENDOCRINOLOGIST recommend 6.5 so try to maintain it in the range of 6.5-7.second regarding your question about hydroxizine and zoloft are not associated with raised blood glucose levels.but zoloft can cause weight gain that secondarily may effect blood glucose levels as such no change in blood glucose level seen.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Hydroxyzine and the Zoloft were prescribed for difficulty falling asleep and for sadness because my brother passed two weeks ago. Hopefully, the new prescriptions will work for me, short-term. Are you aware of any safe over-the-counter sleep medications that I may try other than the Nyquil, Unisom, Tylenol PM, Sleepy-Time Tea, and Ambisom that I have already tried, much to no avail.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 years ago.

Well madam i want to mention that all sleep medications that can be given to induce sleep are available as prescription medicine because they have medicolegal aspects so please regarding that you should consult your dr.

Regards XXXXX XXXXX you agood health:)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
While surfing WebMD tonight, I read some information on "tips" to help a person have a good night's sleep, and I discovered, much to my dismay, that I have already broken some of the "tips", unknowingly, earlier this evening. Such as: reserve caffeine intake, chocolate intake, a late dinner, etc. BTW, will the hydrochlorothiazide cause an increase in fasting blood sugar levels, IF I choose to begin the drug regimin? Answer this last question for me and that will suffice my present inquiry through this program.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 years ago.

One thing that i want to mention is that caffine,tea,smoking,alchol all can cause disturbed sleep so try to avoid that second thing yes hydrochlorthiazide can raise blood glucose levels so before starting that you should consult your dr and follow his advise.