Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 6 year experience in internal medicine
22950887

40 year old male shortness of breath, chest tight, dizzy. after

40 year old male shortness of breath, chest tight, dizzy. after 3 days of sleeping and rest still tired??? advise
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 years ago.
Im sorry to hear about micheal,

Can i ask does he still have the chest pain? and other symptoms?
Does he have any vomiting?
Any ringing in ears?
Does he get dizzy on standing up or dizzy during the episodes of chest pain?
Any sweating alongwith the chest pains?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you I will have to ask him. He is a Repo man and I will call him and ask those questions
Ok ill wait for your response, im online for another hour or so...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Chest is heavy cant get enough air . Is dizzy no ear ringing. When he takes a deep breath he gets dizzy even while speaking
Thanks for the quick response,

Now there are several causes for this pain but ill mention the most serious one in light of his positive family history of heart disease and diabetes. This pain and dizziness can be due to the heart itself. It is possible that his heart is not functioning properly or rather that the arteries supplying his heart are blocked which is causing pain and dizziness. Pain which occurs in the chest or even heaviness on exertion is known as stable angina while the pain which occurs even at rest can be due to unstable angina. Now this happens because blood flow is decreased to the heart and as a result the heart cannot pump adequate amounts of blood to the rest of the body including the brain thus causing the dizziness.

Major signs and symptoms of heart disease include,

Chest pain
Shortness of breath
Sweating
Dizziness
Poor exercise tolerance

Now out of all these, Micheal seems to have most of these symptoms and the worrying thing here is that he has not had a proper physical exam in the past 9 years. Considering his fathers history of heart disease and diabetes, it is entoirely posisble that he currently has a heart problem which can be ischemic heart disease ( which means heart problems due to arteries getting blocked) or even cardiac failure (secondary to ischemic heart disease)

there are other possiblities for his symptoms but this is the most serious one which requires IMMEDIATE medical attention in the form of a visit to the doctors office or even the ER if he has chest,shortness of breath, dizziness right now.

I would recommend that he get the following tests done as soon as possible,

EKG
Stress Test
Echocardiography
Cholesterol levels
Fasting blood glucose levels for diabetes screening

I hope this answers your question and i would strongly advise that you tell him to get himself to a doctor as soon as possible

If I have been helpful,

Please click the ACCEPT (Green) Button so I get credit for my time,

POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUSES are always appreciated

Please feel free to ask me follow up questions, also note that this is NOT a substitute for a visit to the doctor.
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 6 year experience in internal medicine