Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. I've been teaching,practicing and learning since 1985.

I had testicular cancer in 1995. About a year ago, my remaining

I had testicular cancer in 1995. About a year ago, my remaining testicle started growing without the pain of the cancer. I had a blood test about 9 months ago that came back negative. The testicle is about the size of a baseball now. I have problems with maintaining erections during sex with my wife but I think it’s because the testicle in annoying during sex. I have no problem masturbating. I lost my job two years ago and am currently uninsured. I can’t afford the doctor, I’m still making payments on the blood test. I don’t know what to do.

Can you confirm that your testicle is the size of a baseball?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it measures about 10" around and fits in my hand like a baseball.

You need to see a urologist ASAP.

You've got another tumor till proven otherwise.

I am not at all reassured by your normal blood test.

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's been close to a year with no pain or discomfort like before. I thought testicular cancer travels fast. The doctor thought it was just fluid but it hasn't gone down. I have no job, no insurance and no money. I'm one of the few caught in the middle of the healthcare debate. If I could afford to see a urologist I would have done it a long time ago. I need to wait until something happens so if/when I am able to gain insurance again it can be covered. Is it too dangerous to wait?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your time.

Sorry for the slow reply - but I had left my office to travel home.

I am sorry to hear about your healthcare predicament - a sad reflection on the US healthcare system.

You really do need to see a urologist - or at the very least have an ultrasound scan of your testicle.

Dr Jef