Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. I've been teaching,practicing and learning since 1985.
5101698

Ive been having chest pains that come and go for the last

I've been having chest pains that come and go for the last three days. Not quite sharp or too painful. between mild and moderate.. I feel it mostly under my right breast towards the center of my chest but at times I also feel it under my left breast. I had this type of pain twice before but it always went away within a minute. This time it lasted longer. Due to problems with insurance not being set up yet and the location where I'm at I havent been able to go see the doctor. It is causing me a lot of concern though. I also have heartburn at the moment and have for the last couple of days as well but I'm not sure if it's related. What could it be? Should I be worried? What can I do to relieve it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Is the pain worse if you take a deep breath?

Are you short of breath?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did that to see if it would be but no I didn't notice any different. I have suffered from bronchitis on and off for a long time and think I developed some type of asthma. I was provided with an inhaler and noticed I started using it after I got over my bronchitis this time around for wheezing at night and in the morning. I've never been diagnosed with asthma however it was "an idea" as the doctor called it. For as long as I had it however I never needed an inhaler so breathing does get a big weird for me. I do get short of breathwhen I walk up the stairs or walk a little too far I noticed.
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

How long do the pains last when you get them?

Anything seem to bring them on?

Anything make the pain worse?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The first two times I felt it I noticed I coughed and then a bit later I felt it, but only lasted a minute or so. I sat down and felt better. On saturday it lasted from 3pm and on for the whole night on and off. I feel it for a few seconds, then it'll come back in a few minutes. Hard to predict for me. Sunday as well. felt it throughout the entire day. Today, this morning I felt it while I slept. Sleeping on my side seems to relieve it a bit. I began worrying more about it and noticed I felt it more. When I would relax, it'd go back to being more sporadic
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 4 years ago.

Thanks

There are lots of possible causes for chest pain - soft tissue pain , joint pain , esophageal problems and cardiac problems ( such as inflammation in the tissues around the heart.)

Given your young age a serious problem is unlikely but chest pains generally do merit a proper assessment by a Dr.

I suggest that you arrange a check up - today if possible.

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there anything I should make sure to tell the doctor? or what can I expect the doctor to do as far as the consultation
Expert:  Jef Burk replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Nothing special to tell him.

He or she will need to take a full history and do a thorough exam - further tests may be needed depending on the findings.

Dr Jef

Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. I've been teaching,practicing and learning since 1985.