Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

Cause for prickly sensation in face, neck and upper chest

Cause for prickly sensation in face, neck and upper chest? No other symptoms. Comes and goes.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,I will advise that you ask your physician to serum TSH as imbalance of thyroid hormone may present with similar priclkly sensation as you described.Also ask the physician to do fasing blood glucose levels as glucose level alterations may cause similar paresthesias(prickling sensation on face,chest).Ask the physician to do complete metabolic panela as imbalance of electrolytes like serum sodium,potassium and calcium too may cause similar symptoms too.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.