Dr. K.
Dr. K., Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified primary care doctor.

I have been told I have calcification in my legs. What is

I have been told I have 'calcification' in my legs. What is 'calcification'?
where was the calcification in the legs? In the muscle? In the arteries?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe it is in the muscles but I don't know. My leg muscles ache all the time.

There may be inflammation in the muscle or trauma that caused the calcification. Calcification means there is deposit of calcium in the muscle tissue, which is seen on an x ray. The question now is why you have calcium deposits. Is it due to inflammation? trauma? The next step would be to see a specialist such as a rheumatologist to investigate what disease is causing the calcification.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am a type 2 diabetic with peripheral neuropathy in my feet, could this be the cause?

Diabetes with neuropathy can predispose to trauma, which can predispose to muscle calficiation. Diabetes can also predispose to artery calcification. You need to clarify exactly what is calcified so that the appropriate steps can be taken to diagnose and treat the underlying problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One final question - is it cancer or cancer related?

It depends on the underlying problem. You should speak to your doctor for clarification regarding where the calcification is and what the next logical step is.