Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate

What is the lethal dosage for Valium for a 160 lb. person

Customer Question

What is the lethal dosage for Valium for a 160 lb. person?
Category: Medical
Expert:  EKwanMD replied 6 years ago.
Hello. I would like to help you; but before I answer - I need to ask you several questions. Is this person already on Valium? Is this person already on other medications? And more importantly, why do you ask?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I am currently on Valium, along with asacol, remicade, imuran, prozac, and various vits. I don't want to over dose on any of thes meds by mistake, but find them necessary for daily life. I am riddled with Crohns, RA, Shogrins and Lupis. I have a pacemaker for stage 3 heart block, and just had surgery for a torn medial miniscus. I'm taking dilatade(sp?) for pain. I am having increasing difficulty functuing normally. Need an answer quickly. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Most doctors would not prescribe more than 30 to 40 mg in a 24 hours period - so that would be your maximum dosage.