Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

SHOULD i BE WORRIED THAT i CAN FEEL MY AORTA IN MY STOMACH

SHOULD i BE WORRIED THAT i CAN FEEL MY AORTA IN MY STOMACH WHEN i PUSH DOWN ON IT , i AM ON THE THIN SIDE. JUST SCARED ME. wAS A LITTLE TENDER BUT i HAVE IRRITABLE BOWL AND ACID REFLUX SO MY STOMACH ALWAYS BOTHERS ME.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Are you a smoker?
Do you have high blood pressure?
Any family history of aneurysms in the aorta?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO i DO NOT SMOKE , MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS 122/74 i DO NOT KNOW ANY ONE IN MY FAMILY THAT HAS HAD ANEURYSMS IN THE AORTA, i AM 5'8 AND WIEGHT 140 LBS.. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GET THAT CHECKED OUT? DO SOME PEOPLE FEEL THERES ? NOT HAVING ANY PAIN OR ANY THING .
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
It is very common to be able to feel your aorta pulsing or beating if you are thin, especially if you are laying down.

You have no risk factors for an enlarged aorta. Risk factors are high blood pressure, smoking, family history of aneurysms and being male.

I would not make a special trip to the doctor regarding this issue nor would I worry about it.
I would mention it next time you are at your doctor for whatever reason you are there.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I WAS LAYING DOWN WHEN I FELT IT THANK YOU , I AM RELIEVED ,I WILL MENTION IT NEXT TIME TO MY DOCTOR ,I WAS GETTING MY STOMACH UPSET WORRING ABOUT IT. THANK YOU
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
No, nothing to worry about. I am glad to calm your fears.

Dr Abby