Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

No joke, I have had a hernia pop out twice now when masterbating.

No joke, I have had a hernia pop out twice now when masterbating. (2 differant occasions)I have had an ultra sound & seeing a surgeon about this hernia, do I have to tell him I was masterbating, does that really matter. Hernia is located to the right of belly button by 4 inches & an inch higher than belly button. Extremely painful, although it went back in, I could tell 6 hours later that I had a bout with pain. Signed, very embarrassed   Why does it say to give email address & when I do so it says it is already in the system, do you have my email address
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 6 years ago.

No, you don't really have to tell him that you were masturbating (although, believe you me, we have seen everything you can imagine and it would be better to tell them the entire story). A hernia usually pops out when you increase your intra-abdominal pressure (such as straining or coughing) so a good surgeon would be able to see it and fix it regardless of what you were doing at the time. You probably increased the pressure in your abdomen when you were masturbating.

warm regards