Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate

Are there any doctors in Virginia who will prescribe marijuana

Are there any doctors in Virginia who will prescribe marijuana for fibromyalgia pain? Or is there a way to get a prescription on-line?
You can not legally get any physician in the US to prescribe marijuana although some states such as California and Oregon try to allow it, but the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) ultimately controls this, so Virginia does NOT allow physicians whatsoever to prescribe marijuana - if a physician in Virginia is caught prescribing this, that physician will spend a long time in jail, never to see the light of day.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you - that's what I thought, just wanted to double-check. Don't some patients w/glaucoma issues get marijuana? I've heard that. Also, what about my question re: on-line prescription say, from Canada, or something like that? THanks for your help!

IN the Commonwealth of Virginia - it is STRICTLY prohibited, there are NO Exceptions.
You can try a prescription on line - but in Virginia with or without a prescription even from the State of California or Oregon wear Marijuana medicinal use is legal - YOU risk getting arrested and put in jail for Marijuana possession. Sorry about that.