Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 6 year experience in internal medicine
22950887

if you get alcohol urine test randomly done weekly is there

if you get alcohol urine test randomly done weekly is there something you can take to make it get out of your system or is there a drink that wont show up in your system
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JA and thanks for the question,

Well the thing here is that there isnt anything which is available in the market which can mask the presence of alcohol in your urine. Simply because if they are specifically testing for alcohol then they will find alcohol as the tests these days are very sensitive to say the least. Now the products which claim to do so over the internet are basically lying to you and are after your money, i wouldnt advise you to use them and they are NOT effective in anyway. So in short there isnt anything you can drink or take to mask the presence of alcohol in your system.

Now what can you do to make it leave your system faster, well again it has to do with the normal metabolism and chemistry of the body which would breakdown the alcohol into its components and completely metabolize it. Drinking increased amounts of water wouldnt increase the metabolism but it would increase the amounts of your urine and thus increase the rate at which your kidney makes the urine and thus excrete the metabolites faster. But the problem with this is that this would dilute your sample of urine and THAT would show up on the tests as well. Once a dilute urine sample is obtained by the testing authorities they report it as an invalid sample and they also know that you are trying to hide something and make you take the test again.

So i would say there isnt anything proven to work which would eliminate alcohol from your system faster.

If I have been helpful,

POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUSES are always appreciated

Please feel free to ask me follow up questions, also note that this is NOT a substitute for a visit to the doctor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is in alcohol that makes you test positive or what is the ingredient they are testing for and is there a certain kind of alcohol that does not have that in it
Actually they test for a breakdown component of alcohol which is known as,

EtG. EtG, or ethyl glucuronide, which is an ethanol alcohol, is the means by which the alcohol in urine is detected. The presence of EtG in the urine is how the testers know that alcohol was used recently. A positive detection confirms that alcohol was used within 80 hours of the test.

Now since all alcohol which is consumed is ethanol (ethyl alcohol) so there is no form of alcohol which you can consume which wouldnt show up on your urine.

If I have been helpful,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so if i drink tons of water at first then in like a day later drink both soda and water would it still be deluted
Yes it will be diluted and it would cause you to have an invalid sample and ythey will label you as a cheat on the basis of that test.

If I have been helpful,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so there is no way around this particular test? Any ideas you might have on how to overcome this test?
Well you can claim that this is a false positive test as many things cna cause such a false positive test, read this article and you will find a list of househols items which can cause a EtG test to come back as false positive,

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/work/a/etg.htm

Now if you claim that you didnt drink alcohol and this is a false positive test the next step they will do is get a blood test or a saliva test for alcohol which is much MUCH more accurate.

So you see there isnt a way around these tests because they have been designed in such a way that if one comes back as false positive they have many backup tests to check for the drug or alcohol. In addition you can beat these tests either by using some drug or fluids, the tests which you are undergoing were designed specifically to prevent people from getting around or beating these detection tests.

If I have been helpful,

Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 6 year experience in internal medicine