Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

my bowel movement smells really bad. to the point where i wont

my bowel movement smells really bad. to the point where i wont have on in public places. and it's the same when i breal win. what could be the cause of this and how do i stop it from happing
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 6 years ago.
Foul smelling bowel movements can come from several different Causes. A change in diet or a predominance of a food that can cause a certain type of gas can be responsible. Also an infection in the bowel may cause foul-smelling flatus and bowel movements. Another possibility is fat malabsorption. That can cause foul-smelling stool. I Would suggest taking a very bland type diet with high fiber and bulk in your diet. You may also try probiotics such as activia which can change the bacteria in the colon and may be helpful in improving this problem. Also avoid gas producing foods such as beans and carbonated beverages.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.