Dr.K.S.Dastoor
Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. D.N.B. Gen Surg, FIAGES

What causes hardening of the blatter and over sized prosta

What causes hardening of the blatter and over sized prostate
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Ellis replied 4 years ago.

What are your symptoms?

I am not sure what you mean by hardening of the bladder....can you explain more?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went to the Dr. for Kedney stones. Lots of pain in RT side. Had a C-Scan. Have been told today that they do not see stones, probably past but I have avery large Prostate and hardening of the blatter. Is this cancer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is what I am told. Do you know what this means?
Expert:  Dr.K.S.Dastoor replied 4 years ago.
It is not hardening exactly, but thickening of the bladder wall. The bladder is a muscle. When the prostate enlarges in size, it blocks the outflow of urine from the bladder, which ends up contracting harder to push the urine out. As the bladder is a muscle, like any other muscle,it undergoes hypertrophy after a period of urinary outflow obstruction. Which is the hardening / thickening of the bladder with prostate disease. That is what is picked up on CT scan. You will need to undergo a TURP procedure possibly for the prostate and the bladder wall thickness will gradually subside. It is NOT cancer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is a TURP procedure?
TURP is trans-uretric resection of the prostate. A camera is inserted into your penis under anaesthesia and the prostate gland removed in bits. It takes about 4 days to be sent home after surgery.
Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S. D.N.B. Gen Surg, FIAGES