Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor
Experience:  18 years experience in all fields of Surgery and Medicine. Vast experience in Emergency care.

I have fluttering on the right side of my upper chest. It feels

I have fluttering on the right side of my upper chest. It feels like these are on the underside of the ribs in the front. These flutters feel like when an eye lid twitches. I know the heart is on the left side , so would one feel flutters on the right if it were a heart problem? Sometimes the flutters or twitches change to different locations up and down the chest. No chest pain, just flutters occasionally.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 6 years ago.

Do you have any other medical condition like High BP ,DIABETES or any other condition etc .like anxiety ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have diabetes or high BP. yes i do get anxious sometimes. Always have sore muscle in my back. I exercise regularly. Don't get out of breath, Three years ago I had early stage one breast cancer negative sentinol node. Just had check ups which were fine. Are there muscles on the inner side of the rib cage that could be fluttering ?

DearCustomer Yhank you very much for your input.

It seems that you have a problem known as Muscle Fasciculation on your roght sided chest.There are some causes of muscle flutters and top of them is anxiety .When someone comes out of anxiety and depression and rests he/she has flutters on any set of muscels .Most of the time such flutters are benign knoewn as BFS ( Benign Fasciculation syndrome.some other causes are ,

• Dehydration
  • Fatigue
  • Lyme Disease
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Rabies
  • Organophosphate poisoning
  • Benzodiazepine withdrawal
  • Magnesium deficiency(which can be caused by stress).
  • Diarhea normally causes magnesium deficiency and one shloud take bananas and and nuts to eleminate flutters.some medications like

Stimulants can cause fasciculations directly. These include caffeine, pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), amphetamines, and the asthma bronchodilators albuterol/salbutamol (e.g. Proventil, Combivent, Ventolin). Medications used to treat attention deficit disorderoften contain stimulants as well, and are common causes of benign fasciculations.

I will advise you to do EKG , SERUM electrlytes , like magnesium and CBC to find out the cause of the problem and do aerobics to wipe out your anxiety.Use some magnesium containing supllemets .

Hope i have answred your question.