Stephen Andreoni
Stephen Andreoni, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Primary Care/Urgent Care Physician

Hi. What type of doctor should I go to for genital warts Also,

Customer Question

Hi. What type of doctor should I go to for genital warts? Also, can I somehow go to a clinic where it can be discretely treated? How long does treatment last if it is freezing? Would I go in and out or would I have to come back multiple days?
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.

Any doctor at a walk-in clinic could treat this, unless the warts were very large, in which case Condylox, the usual prescription lotion, might not be fully effective. If it weren't, you'd need to see a dermatologist for freezing. The freezing may work with just one try if they're small. Otherwise, it may take several treatments.

Expert:  Stephen Andreoni replied 6 years ago.
Hello. Either see a Family Medicine MD or a Dermatologist, either one can help you with your problem and because the problem is in your genital area, it should be seen by a Doctor. No matter who you go to, discretion should be provided, whether your in a walk-in clinic or a private office. Some treatments take several applications and you may have to go anywhere from once to three to four times, depending on the extent of your problem. You may receive a topical cream or liquid nitrogen - this will depend on what the Doctor thinks is best. To keep it off your insurance, you may have to pay cash. Good Luck.
Dr. A
Stephen Andreoni, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Primary Care/Urgent Care Physician