Dr Khan
Dr Khan, Doctor
Experience:  MB, MRCP(UK), MCPS(Medicine)

what does this ekg reading mean. vent rate 75, RR intervals

what does this ekg reading mean. vent rate 75, RR intervals 800ms, PR intervals 172ms, QRS duration 140ms, QT intervals 442ms, QTc intervals 468ms, QT dispersion 54ms P-R-T AXIS 66 23-172 I have I LBBB is this dangers. I have read different things on line and they say it could be dangers please let me know what I need to know about all of this. asap thank you becky
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Khan replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer
Your PR interval is prolonged as is QRS duration with borderline QTc
Would you like to tell me that do you have any cardiac problem or other medical problems
Why did you have EKG test
Are you taking any medicines at present
This will enable me to tell you more clearly about your EKG interpretation
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was having really bad chest pains I went to the Dr and they did ekg they sent me to heart Dr for stress test said I had alot of blockege did heart cath said everthing was ok still had chest pains about 2 years later went back got anouther ekg thats the results I sent you said everthing was ok but put me on nitro said to keep it with me at all times so I dont know what to think thats the only kind of meds they put me on about a year ago I was in my car felt very strange I gess I passed out dont know for how long when I came to I had droll on the side of my mouth felt like I was out of my body watching myself
Expert:  Dr Khan replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your detailed input
So your heart cath was clean
Was an echocardiogram (ultrasound of heart) was done to look at heart function? If so how was that. How was your heart function and size
Was that the single episode when you felt passed out or had any more episodes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No they have never done an ultrasound I have felt that way about 3 times in the past year. I asked them why they gave me nitro if there was nothing wrong with my heart they just said just for the chest pains I thought that nitro was only for a herat condition
Expert:  Dr Khan replied 6 years ago.
Yes nitro is commonly used for Angina
There are two possibilities in your case with this EKG
First is a condition of heart muscle weakness called Crdiomyopathy in which there is gradual increase in heart size with declining function. This can only be assessed on Echo cardiogram and it causes such non-specific EKG changes which i see in your case commonly called in this situation as NON-SPECIFIC INTERVENTRICULAR CONDUCTION DEFECTS.
Fist degree heart block......Increased PR interval
Broad QRS complexes
Borderline increased QTC
The other less likely chance is variant angina in which there is episodic spasm or spontaneous contraction of blood vessels of heart. It produces pains like angina and heart cath is normal BUT it should not cause these EKG changes
The third possibility is degenerative disease of heart conduction system but in your age is again less likely
So i would suggest that you try to get your echo cardiogram done and see what it says.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I payed for another question when will iI recive my answer It was with 10% off for 22.50 thank you becky
Expert:  Dr Khan replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question and clarification and sorry for delay in answer.
LBBB , commonly called left bundle branch block ,signifies blockage in one of the conduction pathways of heart, the system which makes the heart beat in an organized fashion
Again it is dangerous only in the clinical context of history and sometimes signifies heart attack or occurs after heart attack has occurred leading to damage in conduction pathways
In your case as heart cath was clean so there is low likelihood of both chances
Chances are again those which i mentioned that either Cadiomyopathy leading to non-specific interventricular conduction defect( of which LBBB is a known component) or it can be degenerative disease of heart conduction system leading to blockage
Hope it clarifies your query
Please feel free to clear any further queries