Oh, that's cool! I do have another question: Is this anything "real serious"? It doesn't sound like it, but it had me stressing out pretty much, since they had told me pre-surgery "no hair coloring for four weeks". Hospital disharge papers said "Nothing for six weeks".
That's cool, I waited eight weeks to be sure and just used a coloring mouse that washes out immediately in shower. When I went for my follow-up (which had been delayed an additional 3 wks. the surgeon dr. said, "Wait another 3 wks. for hair coloring". The nurse had said prior to him coming in, "Don't put any coloring on your hair for six wks."
I'm thinking they could tell by looking at my incision, but never said anything to me about it. I realized then (later) that they 3 or 4 sutures were never removed. I was just panicking yesterday - called the surgeon's ofc. They didn't reply, so I called my Primary Care Physician and he wasn't sure......My ins. co. nurse had called me that morning to check on how I was doing. When I relayed this information to her, she was like, "Oh, wow, I've never heard of anything like this before!" Well, needless to say, that really scared me! My PCP said I could go to ER if I was really concerned. He's kind of young, and admittedly says "This is way over my head". Very sweet doctor, but at any rate, I have been really stressing. So it sounds like you don't think it's a big deal at this point, and it can certainly wait until next week when I talk to my neurosurgeon about it?
If so, do you recommend that the old ones should be taken out right away, as soon as possible?!! Thank you!!!