Experience:  dasdasd

My nose gets stuffed up after eating, usually about 6 hrs.later,

Customer Question

My nose gets stuffed up after eating, usually about 6 hrs.later, sometimes sooneer. I almost always will wake up congested after about 6 hours of sleep. After getting up and blowing my nose many times, I get some relief. I have also lost my sense of smell.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.

Smell and taste too? How long has that been going on? What was the procedure and why was it done?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, smell and taste. The nose was reemed out to clear it for breathing.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
When was that done, and when did you start to lose smell and taste?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This has been going on for about 4 years. 6 months of this time I was taking allergy shots , but they did not help. I do not know the name of the procedure , it was done to help clear the nose so I could breathe easier.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Has anyone explained the loss of smell or done any studies about it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The procedure was done after the 6 mo. of aggergy shots. The loss of smell and taste was also after the 6 mo. of shots.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No one has given me an explanation of the loss of smell and taste, just told me if could come back with time.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
OK--sorry for all the questions, but I needed the information. Do you have any problems with reflux/indigestion?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Well, I won't address the loss of smell, except to say it probably won't come back after all this time. If you haven't tried Zantac, Pepcid AC, or Nexium, I'd suggest you do, because this may be from reflux inflaming the throat and nasal passages, especially while sleeping. Even if you've tried those meds, you should see a gastroenterologist since you may have a hiatal hernia so large that they're ineffective.